May 18, 2012

Tangier!

My first impression of Tangier was unfavorable (a dead body lying by the fountain), as was the last impression (pouring rain) as were most of the impressions in between. However, there were lots of nifty sights I kept stumbling on, so I guess half a day in Tangier wasn't so bad after all.

A mosaic-ed minaret!




I contemplated going into this movie theater to escape the rain, but I was still too upset over a cous-cous lunch incident to feel like spending money on a movie that I wouldn't be able to understand.  Plus I only enjoy movie theaters as a reason to eat popcorn with Raisenettes, and I saw neither when I walked past the entrance.



I was excited by the sight of this playground, but disturbed when I realized that stone structure was not a bench but a grave.




Don't let the church fool you--this market was grimy.




I loved this wall!




Another view of my favorite wall in the world.




You would need a video to most fully appreciate these crossing signal men. They were MOVING! And they moved faster as you ran out of time! Or maybe I only imagined that they sped up.




This sign ties with the ones in Rabat for best pedestrian crossing sign EVER.



SANDWISH SHOP. It was closed when I walked by, or I would've bought a sandwish.

No comments: