May 17, 2012

Chefchaouen!

I'm still no good at pronouncing "Chefchaouen," but at least I can spell it! It rained every day I was there; I felt guilty about feeling miserable in the rain, but couldn't there have been one day of rain? Just one day so I could stop feeling shivery and soggy, so I could walk around without fear of slipping down stone steps, so I could take photographs not blurry from lack of light? No. Not even one.














Best fire hydrant EVER.




The guide books would like you to note the hexagonal minaret. Or was it octagonal?
































I was trying to find the "ruined mosque." After failing to find it using the map, I decided to aim for a mosque I saw sitting alone (and abandoned?) on a hill. I took this picture at the base of the mountain--I was super-excited because I saw a path leading to the mosque.




In my wanderings I came across a wall of awesome graffiti art!




If the mosque I arrived at was the ruined mosque, it wasn't particularly ruined, or mosque-like. However, the views were spectacular.








I guess rain has its benefits.












Best sign for L'association bab lai EVER.





















Inside the kasbah was a museum and inside the museum was this lamp. The museum was very small; I mostly wished it were bigger so I could have spent more time under a roof.












Photo taken from the kasbah's tower.




And this one.




This one, too.




Also this one.




No comments: