Sep 28, 2011

Naming Ceremony!

Baby Musa has been Musa for nearly ten months now. These photos are of the day he had been Musa for nearly one day. You will observe that he does not look nearly one day old. That's because he isn't. His naming ceremony was not until a few weeks after his birth.


Fatou Bobo and Musa receiving visitors
the morning of the ceremony.



Musa looks perturbed because someone drew him a set of eyebrows.




That cooking pot is FILLED with delicious benechin,
if I remember correctly.



Every time I removed my camera from its case, a group of
children would appear and pose themselves before me.
I didn't have the heart to say I'd wanted to capture general
pictures of the scene as whole, so I instead I have lots of
photographs of children. They're the same thing, really.

No comments: