Jan 30, 2011

Please don't cry.

I'm in Basse, but I only came for the day, thinking I could quickly get some banking and shopping and typing done and then return to site. I need to only stay for the day, because tomorrow is Monday.

I forgot banks are closed on Sundays.

And I've already spent a lot of time on the computer and the power went out (I'm on a laptop), and the power just went back on so maybe I will have time to write out some blog posts for future posting after all. I have a little less than one hour before I'm going for a chicken sandwich lunch and heading home. Let's see how fast I can type.

It's been about a month since I returned from site from Banjul but thankfully some muffins arrived for me in the mail, so the transition back wasn't too rough. Before I left for Banjul I was convinced my host family's dog was pregnant and that I'd soon have my pick from a litter of adorable puppies, but I returned and she's no fatter (if anything, she's a little skinnier). However, having already made up my mind that a puppy is exactly what I want, I now need to go searching around the village for one.

Oh! And today I saw pigs for the first time! A bunch of them were running down a side road in Basse. They really have the cutest snouts.

The cold season is drawing to a close and I've been informed multiple times that I'll need to buy a small bed for sleeping outside and not to worry because the mosquito net will catch any falling mangoes.


And that's all I have for random thoughts of the moment. Now I'll write up some more stories and click "Post Options" and click "Scheduled at" and type in some dates in the future.

No comments: