Jul 13, 2012

Food, etc.

This photograph of toothpaste is the reason for the "etc" in the title of this post.
The reason for the photograph of toothpaste is that it is not actually "toothpaste" but "Super Shakti Dental Cream."
I couldn't decide whether or not it was imitation Colgate, but it was expensive enough, so I'm hoping for the best.
[I just typed "shakti" into Google translate. It did not recognize it as Hindi. When I manually set the languages, it still told me "shakti" in English is "shakti." So I went to dictionary.com and learned the following:

 Shak·ti   /ˈʃʌkti/ Show Spelled[shuhk-tee] 


noun Hinduism .
1. the female principle or organ of generative power.

2. the wife of a deity, especially of Shiva. Compare Divine Mother.

 Now I suspect I'm gonna go look up "Shakti" on Wikipedia. Oh, the dangers of internet...]


Panketos!




The biscuits inside were the opposite of those pictured on the wrapper.
As in, vanilla outside and chocolate inside.
Some people are okay with that.
I am not. I'd really wanted an Oreo.




Peanut butter!




I ate these last year, and planted two of the seeds in my yard.
One sprouted, then died when I accidentally burned it.
One sprouted, then died when a hungry guinea fowl ate it.
I'm hoping for better luck this year.




Maybe I've already taken a picture of fish balls.
Yes, I seem to remember having already done this.
But I'm too lazy to search through my blog posts to confirm this memory.
So I'm leaving this possibly repetitive photo here.




This sorrel sauce is the best!

No comments: