Dec 16, 2011

Soft-serve ice cream!

There is a soft-serve ice cream shop in Basse. Equally exciting, the store also sells ice blocks, allowing the possibility of ice-cold lemonade, for example. The ice cream shop has been around for many months, probably close to a year, but only this past October did I actually make a visit. I am not sure why it took me so long, given that soft-serve ice cream is my favorite. I probably suspected the experience would be less than spectacular.  

The ice cream was swirled pink and white and it looked prettier than it tasted. I had been warned the ice cream would taste like powdered milk. I wish it would have. Instead, it tasted like essence of artificial banana. But still, it was pretty to look at.

The ice cream shop, with bread-delivery trucks parked outside.

No comments: