Dec 10, 2011

Amusingness!

The only theme connecting these photos is that I find them all amusing.


The wrapper to a MAGGI cube, which flavors every meal-- from peanut sauces to egg sandwiches.
MAGGI cubes are also the reason every single neighborhood child remembers that I have a Cousin Maggie and can pronounce her name without difficulty.



I covered the back of my phone with stickers and sealed it with clear packing tape I'd brought with me from America. One day, after we'd been without power for several days, I brought the phone to be charged at a bitik with a generator. When I dropped off the phone, the shopkeeper asked my name. I guess he wanted to make sure my phone wouldn't get confused for someone else's.



This is a baobab fruit. I found it on the road to the market. It had been abandoned on the road, and not smashed open and eaten, because it was very unripe. I brought it home so I could photograph it.



And by "photograph" I mean "dissect."



Before I biked back from Basse I wanted something cold to drink. I had never tried CEREAL MILK before, but the packaging intrigued me.



Particularly this part of the packaging.

No comments: