Aug 19, 2011

Photos of Bakadaji!

So by now it's been...four months since I visited Bakadaji? And my friend doesn't actually live there anymore -- but here are some photos anyway!

This building was empty excapt for two
bidongs, some stones, and a rag.



Obama and Rooney. The two men important enough to
have their names charcoal-graffitied to the wall.



My village doesn't have pretty mosques
like this one.




This is probably my favorite map EVER.




I love thorns and flowers.




This was Mabintu. She's dead now.
I am telling you, Mabintu was just a
cuter version of Frida Kahlo.



Bakadaji has pigeons. Honest-to-goodness,
New York City style pigeons.



In my amazement, I just couldn't stop photographing them.




Sometimes I wish I understood more about car mechanics.
Then maybe I'd know what was happening here.

And if I should be afraid.

No comments: