Aug 18, 2011

If I were president of America...

After questioning me on Obama, his house, and the electoral college, Kairaba tells me he would like to be president of America. "But only for one month."

Me: Only one month? Because you will be tired?

Kairaba: No. After one month I will have a lot of money; I will not want more.

Me: But, you know, if you will be president, before you are president, a lot of people will have to say, "I want Kairaba."

Kairaba: Yes, I know.

Me: And the people who say, "I want Kairaba," they will be angry. If after one month you leave.

Kairaba: No, they will not be angry.

Me: No? I think they will be angry.

Kairaba: No, because if I were president for only one month--only one month, you understand?--just for the money, that would be like stealing.

Me: Yes...

Kairaba: And the people would not want a thief. So they would be happy I left!

Me: Yes...

Amadou: If I could be president of America for even three months, I would have enough money for three years!

No comments: