Aug 9, 2011

If I had 9,000 dalasis...

“If I had 9,000 dalasis I would buy onions, red beans, a big bag of beans, clothes, bread every day and I would give my mom 900 dalasis and she would say thank you so much”

Isatou Pippi told me this one afternoon, and I thought it was the sweetest thing ever.
Isatou and her brothers:
 Buba, Musa and E.B. (picking his nose)

As a side-note, I thought it was just my imagination that made me think of Pippi Longstocking when I first met this Isatou. That, and a need to distinguish her from the dozen other Isatous I come across.
However, I just looked up pictures of the real Pippi to refresh my memory and discovered: it's not just my imagination! Seriously! I would include the picture here, but I'm not sure that's allowed, so if you'll kindly click here, you'll see what I mean. They have the EXACT same smile. I'm not kidding. Click on the link.

No comments: