May 27, 2011

Thermometer?

I do not have an outdoor thermometer (just the kind for gauging fevers), so I have been trying to estimate the temperature by reading the storage instructions for various products that have melted. Neosporin should be stored between 68º to 77ºF, but I already figured it’s been hotter than that. My bottle of Germ-X hand sanitizer, which no longer has anything gel-like about its consistency, is flammable and should not be stored above 105ºF. Although my estimation skills are as poor as my sense of direction, I still feel it must be hotter than this, at least some of the days. Thankfully the hand sanitizer has yet to burst into flames.

Also, Ultrathon Insect Repellent should be stored in “a cool and dry place,” and what is hilarious about that is, in those precious few months when The Gambia is both cool and dry, there’s not a single mosquito around.

No comments: