May 8, 2011

Pump!

One day I went to fetch water from the pump and for the first time ever, no one else was there. The downside to this was that even more bees were crawling around than usual, and I had to brush them aside to even put my bidong down--I was terrified and kept freezing up like I was taught to do in first grade (along with avoiding clovers) to prevent them from wanting to sting me. Luckily the bees were pretty well occupied with drinking water. And because no one was around, I finally finally finally got to pump water for myself. Every other time someone indicates that I should stand aside and let them operate the pump for me, even though pumping the lever up and down looks exactly like science museum sort of fun. And it was. The only thing that could have made the experience more fun was if I were half my current height and could therefore bounce up and down while pumping like the kids do. Also, less bees.

No comments: