Apr 2, 2011

Untitled

I am sitting in front of the computer in Basse right now, in my striped pajamas, after eating leftover garlic  bread for breakfast and watching an episode of "The Office." Have I already used "Untitled" as the title for a blog post? "Untitled" always seems like it should be the title for some astounding work of deep but hidden meaning. Unfortunately, if you are a person fond of deep and hidden meanings, that is not the reason I chose this title. I just couldn't think of anything better, probably because I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to write.

Here are some unrelated bullet points:
  • Term 2 is ending in two weeks, and then the school is closed for two weeks (that's a lot of twos) before the start of the final term, which ends in July.
  • I found a cake-decorating book in the school library but I've been afraid to open it.
  • Fatou, Rugi and Pateh still haven't returned, so it's just been Neene, Amadou, Mamadou and me. It's been strangely pleasant, because without his  younger siblings around Mamadou's a sweeter kid than I'd thought possible. While we're waiting for dinner we'll lie on our backs and stare at the stars and discuss important matters, like soccer games and the scrape on his foot.
  • Somehow, the mangoes are still not ripe yet, but they're dragging down the tree branches so that I can't walk around my backyard without ducking my head
Alright, I'll go type up some posts for the future now.

No comments: