Apr 11, 2011

Scorpion mystery solved!

Remember how I wrote about the mathematical way to kill a scorpion, by sticking a thin stick through it? I learned the reason. If you kill a scorpion by squashing it to a pulp you have killed the scorpion. This is a problem because it will cause many more scorpions to arrive. But if you allow the scorpion to die on its own, such as by sticking a twig through it, or tying it in a tree by its tail (which I was informed many people will do) this will not happen. Maybe scorpion guts attract other scorpions but a dead scorpion that merely dangles does not? Maybe it's just supersititon? The answer when I return to site! (remember: even though you're reading this April 4, I wrote it March 13, back when I was still in Kombos). The day before I left site I found a scorpion in my yard and killed it until it was VERY dead. So if I return and the ground is a crawling carpet of scorpions, I’ll assume there’s some scientific truth to the matter.

No comments: