Apr 25, 2011

Chameleon request

Dear Person-reading-this,

The title of this blog post might cause you to think I'm requesting a chameleon. I am not. The Gambia has plenty. But once more, Sini wanted to hear about chameleons in America and once more, for lack of better words, I told her we keep them in cardboard boxes and feed them leaves. Then she wanted to know about birds, so I told her we keep those in our houses too, but I couldn't even say we keep them in boxes because that would be too obviously untrue, so she probably thinks American birds fly around inside people's houses.

My request is this: Could you pleases send me photos of a pet store? You would actually need to print them out and send them in an envelope, so when I addressed this letter to "Person-reading-this," I actually meant, "Person-reading-this-who-is-someone-I-know-and-therefore-someone-who-knows-my-mailing-address." I realize this requires a bit of effort (driving to pet store, explaining why you're photographing the guinea pigs, buying postage stamps) but photos of PETCO would be invaluable, and would guarantee even more amusing conversations for me to share, particularly if you actually did photograph a guinea pig.

Thanks!
Sonja

No comments: