Dec 14, 2010

Twix!

So I said I'd stop writing one-word, exclamation point titles, but...I lied.

I am in front of the computer right now, and it is even better than when I was in front of a computer yesterday because this time I'm the room has air conditioning, and my stomach is full of chicken, fries, Coke and a Twix candy bar. The morning was a rough day of travel that involved waking up with the call to prayer and dragging my suitcase to the car park. Then we piled into the car and didn't unpile for...hours. First it was cold and dusty and later it was hot and less dusty (not less dusty because the air became warmer, less dusty because we changed to the paved North Bank road) and all the time I was squished in the middle.

Also, there was a chicken. Our driver shoved it in back with the backpacks, and it squawked and pretended like it wanted to scratch my eyes out, but actually just roosted on someone's bag for awhile.

Eventually we arrived at the craziness that was the ferry terminal and I was excited because it meant we were almost done, but unexcited because boarding and deboarding the ferry is a generally horrible experience for people who don't like crowds of shoving and shouting people.

But then we ate lunch and that made everything better. I haven't eaten any ice cream yet, and that is because I was kidding when I said I wanted to eat ice cream until I puke, so I'm going to wait until I'm less full to buy some.

No comments: