Dec 16, 2010

Fatoumata!


Originally, I thought I would only have the patience to upload five pictures because the internet is being really slow. Instead, I only had the patience to upload one picture. Fatoumata is the girl in the center, she was one of my neighbors until she returned home to a nearby village. I'm hoping I can visit them someday, because her village is only a short bike ride away, and Fatoumata and her younger sister Hawa (not pictured) are some of my favorite people. I have a hilarious picture of Hawa too, but it'll have to wait for another day.

The boy in the photo is Cherno, who I'm sure I've mentioned before, unless I mentioned him in posts that I've set to published at a future date. He claimed he was going to style his hair in dreadlocks for Tobaski. The girl next to Fatoumata is Mariama, but she's not a regular visitor to the compound, so I don't know her too well.

No comments: