Dec 26, 2010

Merry Day-After-Christmas!

I'm at the Basse transit house and tomorrow I return to site, so it will be awhile before I'm in front of a computer again.


Here's how the rest of Christmas Eve went:

On my walk back from the office to the Stodge (the transit house in Kombo) I bought a lychee juice box and then drank it while watching the end of Kill Bill, unless it was Kill Bill 2. The good part about walking in on a movie so close to the end is that even though you will be incredibly confused, you will not be incredibly confused for long because the movie will shortly end. Then we watched Catch Me if You Can and then we started watching Pulp Fiction but then I stopped because...I don't remember. Then I played poker.

Here's how Christmas went!

I woke up and (still in my pajamas) sat on a couch and finished reading A Christmas Carol until breakfast. A Christmas Carol, by the way, is hilarious and I highly recommend it, but not as much as I recommend watching A Muppet's Christmas Carol, which is more hilarious and stars Kermit the Frog. Breakfast was: pancakes, bacon, some sort of fritatta/quiche-like deliciousness, fruit salad, watermelon, and a cup of orange juice. Afterwards there was a White Elephant gift exchange that I didn't participate in because the probability of unhappiness happening (unwrapping the perfect gift and having someone else steal it, being the person who steals the perfect gift from someone else, unwrapping the lame gift that no one wants to steal from you) is greater than the chance of happiness (unwrapping a lovely gift that only you find lovely and therefore no one wants to steal from you and you don't have to steal from anyone else). But I enjoyed observing the proceedings.

Then we watched Home Alone!

Then we ate frosted gingerbread cookies and played Rummikub, or however that game is spelled. It's like rummy, but with tiles, and actually it's not like rummy at all.

Then (sorry I'm using "then," a lot, but I'm not feeling creative in my transitions) we went out to dinner and I ate a DELICIOUS chicken cordon bleu (or however it's spelled) containing the last chicken, cheese and ham I will eat in a long time.

Then I finished packing in time to watch the A Christmas Story from the scene with the pink bunny suit before I went to bed.

Today I woke up early, traveled from morning to afternoon, and spent the rest of the day recovering from having traveled from morning until afternoon.

No comments: