Nov 7, 2010

More goats!

The Gambia has a lot of goats, which is why you are reading another post about goats. My school also has a lot of goats, which wander around the grounds and eat the crumpled up pieces of paper that the bean sandwiches come wrapped in. In one of my first days at the school I asked one of the teacher's about the goats:

Me: The school has many goats.
Teacher: Yes.
Me: Why?
Teacher: Because the school owns them.

A few weeks later I asked another teacher about the goats, and he was able to provide more information. He still couldn't tell me why the goats are there, or how they got there, other than that they're used sometimes as a learning aid for the agricultural science classes. I asked what they did with the goats, whether the teachers ever ate them, or anyone ever sold them. He said yes, sometimes they sell the goats and use the money to help out the neediest students. So, yay for goats!

No comments: