Apr 20, 2012

Sandwich stories: Do you know the groundnut boy?

A sardine sandwich came wrapped in a page out of a Gambian textbook. I can’t confirm, but I believe the answer to letter (i) is “was defenestrated.”

(d) I _ _ _ my hair yesterday.
(e) I _ _ _ very hard yesterday.
(f) My father _ _ _ the car yesterday.
(g) She _ _ _ in the market yesterday.
(h) Yesterday they _ _ _ to school.
(i) He _ _ _ out of the window yesterday.

* Here is a game to play.
Stand in a circle. Choose someone to be the groundnut boy or girl. He or she dances in the circle Sing the song.
Do you know the groundnut boy,
The groundnut boy, the groundnut boy?
Do you know the groundnut boy
Who lives in our compound?
Now the girl or boy in the centre chooses a partner. The two children dance and everyone sings.
Yes I know the groundnut boy
The groundnut boy, the groundnut boy
Yes I know the groundnut boy
Who lives in our compound.
Now the first boy or girl goes out.
Sing the song again.

No comments: