Jul 1, 2011

Electric fans!

This post is not about electric fans, but I AM IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER RIGHT NOW and there is an oscillating fan that sometimes oscillates in my direction. I'm in Kombo, which means I can buy ice cream whenever I want but I think I've lost my taste for ice cream. The same thing happened in March, but I bought ice cream anyway thinking surely when I've tasted it I'll remember I'm supposed to like this stuff. This time I've decided to save my money. So far the only American foods I've eaten have been a cheeseburger with fries and a Twix chocolate bar. For breakfast today I ate an egg sandwich from the bitik and for lunch I bought some fish meat pies from a lady at the market. This is a problem. Oh, and I passed on buying ginger ale. Ginger ale! I'd been craving ginger ale just a few weeks ago. Instead I bought a bag of water. What is wrong with me?!

Fortunately, I can buy ice cream in Basse now (although I haven't done so yet), so if my taste buds ever return to semi-normalcy, I won't have to wait until my next trip down-country. Actually, I won't even have to wait for normal taste buds, because the Basse ice cream is made with powdered milk!

Okay, it looks like rain so I've got to hurry back to the house.

Oh! But mango season is just beginning in Kombo--YAY.

No comments: