Jun 23, 2011

Tea!

The radio program that had one day discussed expired food another day talked about how to identify a friend who’s cheap. I wasn’t fully paying attention, but one of the warning signs was that a cheap friend will only drink tea without milk. So two of the teachers start talking about black tea versus white tea (white tea is tea with milk) and I asked, “So which tea is better?”

Teacher: Tea with milk of course
Me: But actually I like drinking tea better without milk

The teacher gives me the same look a friend once gave me when I told her I really miss eating open-faced liverwurst and avocado sandwiches.

Then he said, “You have your reasons?” in a tone of voice that suggested his question really should have concluded with an “I presume?”

Me: Yes, I think the taste is better.
Teacher:You know it is the cheap people who will drink black tea because they do not want to spend money for milk.
Me: But I’m not cheap, I just think it tastes better.

 The teacher returns to to writing in his notebook.

No comments: