Mar 10, 2011

Puppy!


After weeks of waiting for my host brother to find a puppy for me around the village only to be told, "the time of the dog is over," I finally have a puppy! Another volunteer found it for me and brought it on the most recent mail delivery a couple of weeks ago. Best mail-run ever!

He was name-less for a few days before I looked through the index of Guns, Germs and Steel and decided on the name Levi. I figured it's a nice, happy-sounding name that reminds me of blue jeans and the Levi E. Coe library in Middlefield, Connecticut. I forgot, however, that "v" is not a sound found in Pulaar, so his name is Levi in theory only; in practice it's Leebi. Oh well.

I have been asked twice whether or not I will cut his ears, to which I firmly replied, "No, I will not cut them. Not even a little. I like his ears. His ears are nice."

But are you even reading what I'm writing? I wouldn't be. I would be looking at the adorable puppy above this un-adorable chunk of text.

No comments: