Mar 14, 2011

Cuteness! (with unrelated text)



It's my last day in ice-cream-land, and I've only eaten two ice creams. It's a mystery, but I just don't crave ice cream like I used to. Or chocolate. Or cheese, even. Before I left site I thought all I really really wanted was a slice of chocolate cake, but then I ate that and realized I didn't particularly miss that, either.

So (at the moment) I'm not sad to be leaving Kombo food behind and I've actually sort of missed eating rice. Even rice served only with the boring peanuts sauce that I eat for ninety percent of my meals. But I'll miss being Sonja, and there's always that awkward transition of becoming Binta again. And I mean that in a deeper sense than remembering to respond to a different name.
It'll also be weird returning to site because Fatou, Rugi and Pateh left for Senegal the day after I left for the Kombos and they'll be gone for two or three months. So there'll be no more new conversations with Rugi for awhile and even though Pateh throws rocks at people, I'll miss him too.

Okay, you can go back to looking at Levi now.

No comments: