Aug 8, 2010

Jam Hiiri!

I fear I will be booted from this computer at any moment, as I've
already used more than my fair share in reading and replying to
e-mails. I'm currently at the Yuna EcoLodge (shower! flush toilets!
bread with pineapple jam!) where we've been having a couple of
training sessions and preparing for model school this coming week.

Highlights:
-Mango season is coming to an end
-I've found out my placement! I'm going to help out math and science
teachers at an Upper Basic School, and helping to expand a peer
tutoring program, which I'm SUPER excited about
-Field trip to Janjanbury = monkeys stealing and eating sugar AND I SAW A HIPPO
-my tokara (namesake) got married! (but I missed the ceremony due to
being hours away in Janjanbury saving my breakfast from monkeys)
-I sort of love my pit latrine
-I can't remember what I wrote in my last post (I'm e-mailing this one too)
-So I'm afraid of repeating stuff
-My collection of photos now includes several of my hilarious host
brothers, who love to pose
-I have in my possession two compelets (the wrap skirt, shirt, and
headwrap). One is bright orange and AWESOME.
-Still eating bean sandwiches for breakfast. And they're still awesome.
-Language test number 2 on the day after my birthday :(
-I promise to find time to write some letters once I'm at site...if I
tried writing a letter now, it would come out half in Pulaar
-I think my left index finger just received a minor electric shock
-I'm returning this laptop to its owner now

No comments: