Mar 19, 2012

Here I am!

I am in front of a computer. The computer is beneath two enormous ceiling fans. The keyboard is beneath a sheet of plastic. I am in an internet cafe with walls the color of a prison cell--a soothing color, except for its association with prison cells.

You may have noticed the lack of posts. There will continue to be a lack of posts. Not from a lack of stories, but from a lack of power. Several weeks ago there was not a lack of power, so I typed up enough blog posts to last a month at least. Then I went to Basse. No power. No power = no internet. No internet = no bringing those posts to the blog. A sad sort of math.

Now it is three weeks later. I have returned to Basse, and there is still no power. There has not been power at all, not even late at night, not even for five minutes, for going on three days. This internet cafe has a generator, which is lovely, but if you'll remember my post about flash-drive viruses, you'll understand my reluctance to use this computer to upload my posts. Not reluctance, actually, I refuse to do it.

So. I will be back this weekend. Maybe there'll be power. Maybe you'll be able to read the things I wrote for you. Maybe not.

No comments: