Feb 13, 2012

Lollipop!

E.B: If I give you a candy, you’ll eat it?
Me: Yes.
E.B: Okay.

E.B. goes away and returns shortly with an orange lollipop. He hands the lollipop to me.

E.B: Eat it.
Me: All of it?
E.B: Yes.
Me: But you know, if I suck on it, then I do not want to give it to you. My throat hurts, if I suck on the candy and then you suck on it, your throat will also hurt.
E.B: Eat it all. I don’t want it.

I take the candy and break it into thirds, giving a piece to him, a piece to his sister who’s braiding my hair, and keeping the piece on the stick for myself.

Buba walks over, holding an empty lollipop stick.

E.B: Buba, you didn’t leave any for Binta, but I did, isn’t that right, Binta?
Me: Yes.

Buba hands me his bent and chewed-up lollipop stick.

Buba: I left some for Binta.
E.B: You’re lying!
Me: Buba left me the stick only.
E.B: Yes, he only left you the stick.

No comments: