Feb 21, 2012

Bride! (part one)

I wish there were some cool cultural story to go along with these photos, but all that was happening was we were watching a bride getting dressed up to go to her in-laws. I didn't mind just sitting and watching, because I thought the bride was too beautiful. Hence my inability to reduce the number of photos I wanted to share.

When I came over to the compound, they were tying a string of red beads into her hair.







They also tied a string of red kola nuts into her hair.



This woman was recording everything on her mobile.






Really elaborate henna for her feet.









Someone said, "What about her ears?" so they strung bits of red yarn through the earring holes.



















































A bowl of rice topped with red kola nuts wrapped in a red cloth.



No comments: