Nov 4, 2011

Twix!

There is a shop in the Basse market that recently began selling Twix candy bars.

They are 20 dalasis each.

This is a problem.

It is a problem because 20 dalasis isn't that much money, really, and I like absolutely everything about a Twix. I like that the wrapper is shiny gold on the outside and shiny silver on the inside. I like that the writing on the wrapper is in English, French, and whatever language they speak in Indonesia. I like the suctioning sound as the shop keeper opens the refrigerator to remove one. I like the chocolate wrapped around the caramel wrapped around the biscuit. I like the way my teeth feel gliding through caramel. I like the way just the right amount of chocolate melts to my fingers--not so much to make a mess, but enough to lick away.

The shop also sells Snickers and Bounty bars, but I don't care about those. 

Writing this makes me want to go and buy a Twix RIGHT NOW. I can't, however, because it is 10:07 pm. Oh well. Tomorrow...

No comments: