Sep 26, 2010

Photos!

So I'm at the Basse transit house and this afternoon the internet was working so awesomely that I uploaded some photos! Now it's evening and I've returned to write some captions.

Shortly after receiving the name "Binta" at our naming ceremony in training village. The woman sitting next to me was my host mom.



One day we took a bike trip to the beach, and here's a photo I took. If I knew anything more about trees and/or geological formations, I would share that information here. 




The storm brewing during our trip to Janjangbury. I can't remember whether I even wrote about this trip, but this is the river we saw a hippopotamus in. I would include my photo of the hippo, but it's such a small speck, you would just think your computer screen was dirty.





These were some of the girls that lived/played at the compound where my language teacher stayed. As you can tell, they were incredibly awesome.




The younger brother of two of the girls in the above photo.




Probably my most favorite photo EVER.





If I were the ambassador, this would be my backyard.

1 comment:

Quartic said...

My computer screen *is* dirty, so I pretended it was a hippo. Now I am seeing hippos dancing around my letters as I try to do homework. I may have to employ my hippo stamp to placate them. Or clean my screen...
Vive l'Hippopotame!