Jun 20, 2010

9 days!

Stuff I should be thinking about:
  • How many shirts should I bring, exactly?
  • Did I buy enough AAA batteries? 
  • Will I contract malaria?
  • Will those snail parasites crawl under my toenails?
  • What if I discover I no longer like mangoes?

Stuff I'm actually thinking about:
  • Will I finish The Liar's Club and the three other books I borrowed from the library?
  • Are the cakes sitting on the counter delicious, or inedible?
  • How much longer until lunchtime?
  • Why didn't I wear socks on Thursday?
  • Is there still time for me to memorize the lyrics to "Bruxelles"?

I think if I thought the thoughts I should be thinking, I would be sucked into such a frenzy of excitement that I would collapse to the floor in a coma-like state, probably scraping a knee in the process.

1 comment: